The Rolex Yacht-Master II
The Rolex Yacht-Master II was released in 2007 and at 44mm is the largest watch in the current Rolex range. The Yacht-Master II is the ideal watch for experienced yachtsmen, as well as keen enthusiasts.
Rolex chose to build on the success of the original Yacht-Master by creating what is essentially a larger, sportier model. As with all things Rolex this is not just a mere statement in size, technically the Yacht-Master II excels regardless of how many regattas’ you actually attend.
The Yacht-Master II is powered by the Rolex 4160 movement with the added complication of a programmable timer that counts down from ten to zero. The primary use of this function is in timing the 10 minute starting sequence that precedes every regatta.
The Yacht-Master II is the first ever watch to use Rolex’s patented ring command bezel that works in conjunction with the movement by acting as the key to the programmable countdown timer. Simply turning the bezel 90 degrees unlocks the regatta mechanism which can be set from 1-10 minutes. Seconds are counted on the bright red central hand.
For those times when you are not out on the open water, the Yacht-Master II has a 72 hour power reserve meaning your watch should keep running even after three days of inactivity.
The Yacht-Master II is definitely a model of the big watch enthusiast. For a more classical style with Rolex sports functionality why not try the original Rolex Yacht-Master
Rolex Yacht-Master II Specifications:
- Case – Oyster 44mm, Steel & Everose Gold, Yellow Gold, White Gold & Platinum
- Bezel – Rolex Ring Command Bidirectional 90° Rotatable with Cerachrom Insert in Ceramic
- Movement – Calibre 4160, Manufacture Rolex
- Functions – Centre hour and minute hands, small seconds hand at 6 o’clock. Programmable countdown with mechanical memory and on-the-fly synchronization. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- COSC Certified
- Bracelet – Oyster, flat three-piece links
- Folding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Water Resistance – 100 metres
- Dial – White